By Stephen P. Schwartz
- Features insurance of the entire significant topic components and figures in analytic philosophy - together with Wittgenstein, Bertrand Russell, G.E. Moore, Gottlob Frege, Carnap, Quine, Davidson, Kripke, Putnam, and lots of others
- Contains explanatory historical past fabric to aid clarify technical philosophical concepts
- Includes listings of instructed additional readings
- Written in a transparent, direct variety that presupposes little prior wisdom of philosophy
Read or Download A Brief History of Analytic Philosophy: From Russell to Rawls PDF
Similar philosophical movements books
Continental Philosophy: a modern advent is ideal for college kids coming to the subject for the 1st time. It introduces the origins and improvement of the culture, tracing it from Kant to the current day. Taking a transparent thematic strategy, Andrew Cutrofello introduces and assesses continental philosophy’s relation to basic questions in philosophy, resembling ethics, humanism, phenomenology, politics and metaphysics, centring the e-book round the following questions:What is wisdom?
Hegel's Phenomenology of Spirit, first released in 1807, is a piece with few equals in systematic integrity, philosophical originality and old impact. This number of essays, contributed by way of major Hegel students, examines all points of the paintings, from its argumentative concepts to its carrying on with relevance to philosophical debates.
Derrida wrote commonly on "the query of the animal. " particularly, he challenged Heidegger's, Husserl's, and different philosophers' paintings at the topic, wondering their phenomenological standards for distinguishing people from animals. reading various Derrida's writings, together with his most up-to-date L'animal que donc je suis, in addition to Aporias, Of Spirit, Rams, and Rogues, Leonard Lawlor reconstructs a portrait of Derrida's perspectives on animality and their intimate connection to his pondering on ethics, names and singularity, sovereignty, and the proposal of a standard international.
How do you write historical past while it is now not linear? In Bloodrites of the Post-Structuralists, revered political theorist Anne Norton reminds us of the genuine interaction among phrases (laws, scriptures, myths, and texts), and the area of flesh. Drawing from resources as assorted as foundational myths from Sarah within the bible, Marat in his loss of life bathtub, and thinkers like Hegel and Foucault, Norton reinterprets the connection among be aware and flesh and areas it in historic context.
- The Ant Trap: Rebuilding the Foundations of the Social Sciences (Oxford Studies in the Philosophy of Science)
- Distributive Justice and Disability: Utilitarianism against Egalitarianism
- Zyklos 1: Jahrbuch für Theorie und Geschichte der Soziologie (German Edition)
- Philosophy and Politics at the Precipice: Time and Tyranny in the Works of Alexandre Kojève
- Love, Reason, and Will: Kierkegaard After Frankfurt
Extra info for A Brief History of Analytic Philosophy: From Russell to Rawls
A Brief History of Analytic Philosophy: From Russell to Rawls by Stephen P. Schwartz